Welcome!

Sunday 17 June 2012

Greyts on the way home after Jett Blue's adoption! Now why do they just lie in 1/3 of the space?
I am trying to see how this works.      
This picture is a fixed picture and I am able to move it around. So, I am pretty happy about students using Google Docs to create documents. The biggest problem will be for them to plan on wanted pictures to be put in a folder for uploading.    

I am also messing with adding and deleting fonts.
I need to find out about being able to tab to indent the first word of the document, also.          
http://support.google.com/docs/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=179738 - Keyboard shortcuts

     http://support.google.com/docs/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=183618 - Formatting tabs and margins  

This is really good information because the one of the most difficult writing issues to get across to the students is that they have to indent for paragraphs on the STAAR writing test.

It is actually very easy to do. I have a checklist that they must do for several documents until they show they know how to work with formatting. I model the process multiple times, also. This is a really good font for them to use because I want white space around the words for them to be able to go back in and edit. It is “The Girl Next Door.” Line spacing is 1.0. I used a typewriter for papers with my first degree. My Master’s was later and I actually had professors that were very specific about margins, fonts, and font sizes and page length. I have exercised that process with my students since I started teaching in 1998!
So, I just copied and pasted from the Google Doc. I have made it a "share" document for all to look at.
I am constantly trying out things to see what can be done, how am I going to tell the students, and what they might do that will need to be fixed.   https://docs.google.com/a/springbranchisd.com/document/d/1ZK-ZjeAzdgiq6yfisCK2RdxBP_B2nsD_IvPijXLil5U/edit

No comments:

Post a Comment