Welcome!

Thursday 14 June 2012

Tool #2

http://learning.blogs.nytimes.com/ The Learning Network/New York Times http://teachwritingright.blogspot.com/ Teach Writing Right After looking at many blogs, I found 2 that were of importance/value to me as a Language Arts Teacher. I have included the web addresses so that others can view and form their own opinion. I am sure these blogs will be quite useful for me during the coming school year. I signed up last year for Diigo and there isn't enough time in the day for viewing and following other websites. Everything I spend my time on has to directly apply to me producing what I need for my classes and preparing for STAAR testing in the Spring. I am a very private person and I am aware of PLN and participating in online communities, but I am not the kind of person that wants to share, other than in a personal one-to-one conversation, what my thoughts are because they are MY personal thoughts. Once shared publicly, it becomes a legal document, it is no longer "confidential" and sets one up to potential lawsuits and/or open forum criticism. I also signed up for Google Reader during the 23 Tools back in the summer of 2008. Quality vs. quantity becomes an issue. Again, am I not supposed to sleep so that I make sure I am loading myself up with so much information that can't be used?

No comments:

Post a Comment