Welcome!

Monday 18 June 2012

Tool #8 Taking a look at the tools

Wow, I already was using my personal iPad in the classroom with my PreAP students. I had one that downloaded a short story APP that she uses at home. She was an avid ready and finished everything to the nth degree of perfection so she earned privileges. I was more than glad to have a free short story APP for my iPad. Wattpad is the App. I just looked at it and OMG. It is great for our students that want to read. It is teen fiction. It has other categories. I have had my iTouch in class, also. 


I liked looking at Angelia McNeils video about the webcam. I believe if I can the students will watch this. I think it would work great as the "Who I Am" station for them to finish their initial writing about themselves at the beginning of the year.


After looking at the website for ACER about classroom management, I think I have an idea of what I will do. I copied the routines and procedures from a website to put into an Active Chart for next year. The cool thing is I copied and pasted into Evernote this  information so that I can use it easily. http://11toolssbisd.blogspot.com/2011/02/tool-8.html and I can even pull it up on my android phone! How cooool is that?


I explored some apps recommended in "iPads in the Classroom"  http://www.schrockguide.net/ipads-in-the-classroom.html. Most of them cost money. Two I have downloaded and think one will be very useful - Brainstorm is 0$ and you can write with your finger and erase and put post-it notes on it and it saves them or doesn't! Another is MindMeister, and I am attempting to get that one to working for me, but will take more attention than I want to put in it right.


How I plan on managing the devices will be decided as to how the students respond to using them which will direct things to be student groups/stations. At this point I haved used computers as a station and for projects and it automatically creates a different dynamic with instruction. Problems will be handled as "situational issues" arise.

No comments:

Post a Comment